Tuesday, October 11, 2011



hey family! (Monday 19 Sepember, 2011)
man i cant believe that john q is already home. man thats so awesome. time sure is flying ae. good to hear from you all tho family. man i miss you guys ae. hope that everything is going good. just so that you know im good ae. had an awesome baptism yesterday and had a few more miracles happened. we should be having a few more baptizms coming up too so its all good. the house is still ghetto lol but just trying to be positive. lol ive actually been thinking alot about what i wanted to write you guys to day and just wanted to try and portray the importance of
About a month before entering the mtc, dumb and nieve as i was i reciently started to study and prepare myself for the mission. i had never read the book of mormon cover to cover and knew that it was someting that i needed to do. i always knew the church was true, that the book of mormon was a good and true book but never really had a huge vivid spiritual experience that outlined the beginning of my own testimony. i remember feeling very inadequate, and at the same time desperate and hungry to know. i will never forget family, outside of our house at the picnic table under the cocnut trees one morning i for the first time in my life, with a broken heart and contrite spirit, with true intention decided to kneel and ask god if the book of mormon was true. i remember upon ending my prayer not feeling anything at all. really confused but still determined to know, then opened my book of mormon and started to read. unconsious of were i was reading, came upon a scripture that allowed the spirit to testify to me in huge abundance the truthfulness of the book of mormon. in answer to my pray, i read, "And now, my beloved brethren, and also jew , and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness." never before in mylife had i experienced something so powerful. i for the first time felt from the tips of my fingers to the very ends of my toes that what i had just read was true. i felt in my heart and really came to know in that moment though the spirit that the book of mormon is the word of god. one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. its has been the foundation of my testimony and the source of strength in times of trial and doubt. i can not deny what i felt that day as i humbly asked and as easily recieved from our heavenly father. since this day its felt like ive been on steriods, growing so much in so little time. ive had many more spiritual experiences that have only strengthen my testimony and conviction of the truthfullness of this gosple.i will never forget my first day in the mission field not knowing one thing, finding myself in the house of my first investigator bearing testimony of and feeling in abundance the spirit, not only testifying to the lady but to myself of the truthfulness of the restaration. i remember with elder snider at the side of a ladys deathbed testifying to her husband of the plan of salvation and promising that he could once again see and live with his wife...once again from the tips of my fingers to the very end of my toes i felt the spirit testify of the truth. i remember feeling the same spirit in great abundance when a recient convert of mine stood at the pulpit and shared her sweet and sincere testimony to the congregation of her love for our savior jesus christ. i remember teaching victor with elder anderson and testifying to him of the word of wisdom and of the importance of taking care of our bodys. the same spirit took over and testified to me as victor excersied his faith and took out every one of his piercings. just a few weeks ago in a sundy school lesson and in reply to the question; "how can we recognize the spirit?" was able to once again feel the reconfirmation of the reality of the gosple through the spirit. the teacher invited us all to kneel and started to pray and as he prayed he pleaded that god made manifest in that very moment his spirit that we may feel it. after saying these exact words he then stopped and paused for what felt like forever and a day. it then again happened family. a huge urgent rush of the spirit filled my body, from finger tips to the ends of my toes, there was no way i could deny such evidence of reality and truth.i know that the spirit teaches us the truth of all things and shows us everything that we need to do...family these are some of many experience that have not only strengthened my testimony but that have help me understand the role and importance of the spirit in our conversion. and through such i have been able to familiarize myself with how it works with me. the spirit is the key in everything; true conversion and continual progression. it has been the underline reason and cause for my progress and change. it is the only way in which my life has been able to be reshaped.it is by and only through the spirit where ive been able to come to know of who god is, and what he expects of us, and know what i need to do to change and be more like him. it is only through our obidience to this gift where we can spiritually grow learn and eternally progress, where we can put off the natural man and become a saint, and where we can become like our savior jesus christ, perfect! this spirit is promised to all those who strive to do thier best and be obidient.. lets always strive to do so, that we may be able to follow the greatest help that god has given us. i know that as we do we will be okay. i love you family so much. my time has come to an end. send my love to everyone. take care of one another and go hard this week ae. almost there. up the guts. doit!
with all my love,

Elder kanahele kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment