Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fresh, new Missionaries talk with Enthusiasm! 02-05-10


Today was our new missionary Fase 1 training. These great 4 missionaries have been here about 2 weeks. They return to the mission home with their trainers/companions to learn more of the basics, orientation, and details of the work in this mission.We discuss many things, but this is what we learned from them:These mighty missionaries; Hermana Buckner, Elder Kanehele, Elder Tialavea, y Elder Wagner all are happy, healthy and smiling with enthusiasm. We enjoyed hearing of their reports of success, where they share things they have learned and observed here in the mission, in just a short time. Quotes used, but these are paraphrased notes:

Elder W-"I was sitting in a lesson, and couldn't really understand too much of the lesson, my companion was sharing and talking with the investigator. I felt prompted by the spirit to share a couple of scriptures, about lifting up our head, and be of good cheer, and then later my companion told me that that was just what she needed. The investigator was discouraged, and sad, but this scripture was given to me to share.

"Elder K-"We are teaching this woman who is very happy. Se lives in a house with 18 people with barely anything in their home. She has 8 children, and they are really poor (at this point he gets teary eyed sharing how this touched him.) She was smoking 3 packs of cigaretts daily, and gallons of tea, but now that she has the gospel, she has given it all up, and is really happy. It makes me happy to see how the gospel really can change people's lives and it does.

"Elder T- "A scripture my brother shared with me from Mosiah 24:14. The Lord will ease our burdens. This mission is the hardest thing I have ever done. I felt that the first week here I had the weight of the world on my shoulders and it was SO hard. I also know that if we come to the Lord, on our knees to ask for help, he ALWAYS lifts us and helps lighten our burden. I know that is true, since I have felt it again in the mission.

"Hermana B-"We were talking in the street with a man who wanted to argue. We refused to get involved, so we said goodbye and walked away, continuing to talk to others in the street. Then a man made a bee-line over to us and said that he had been watching us and that he saw how we had worked, taught and talked to people. He told us he was an inactive member for more than 20 years, but now felt prompted to have us come teach his family. He has some health problems, but we have been teaching his children and wife, and she tells us when they become discouraged or fearful of the cancer thoughts, they read the Book of Mormon and find great peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment