Tuesday, May 3, 2011

¿Que tal Familia?

hello my beautiful family!!!! man how good it is to hear from you guys...awesome letter family...i miss you guys heaps ae...but there’s some quick news that i need you all to know....its mother’s day this Sunday and we get to talk!!!! yeyahhh!!!! and we actually got permission to skype if we can...yeyah!!! And i found a member who has a lap top and all the gears to do it so we can skype!!! mean ae...the only junk thing is that you guys are going to have to miss church! bahahaha but this is what i want to do....i want you guys to call me first next Sunday at nine in the morning your time....it will be 3 oclock here and i want you to call this number.....56 2 8138004 and we can talk from 3 till 4 then when my companion talks we can skype after! sweet?? i will have to make a skype acount which i will and i will send you all that info before sunday or if not when you call....so yeah....my last call home!! but yeah...so make sure you buy a phone card, and make sure the computer and internet and everything is working so Sunday we don’t have problems!!!! lol ....fa time has flown by so quick! Before i know it I’m out! but bro if you can send heaps of pop tarts and heaps of cake mix!!! Straight up and only yellow cake mix with the chocolate and white icings!!! lol that’s all ae! Thanks family...um there was an outlet sale the other week on clothing and there was a lot of cheap stuff so i spent a lil bit of moneys!!! sorry bout it...hahaha gotta get me some gears for when i get back!! lol and dad bro you dumb bugger bro??? hahaha good stuff bro...fa its gotta be crackup to see you there.....good thing you’re not in the bishopric anymore!! lol but family i can’t believe how fast time is flying....elder rosenlof..one of my companions that i had, has been home for ten months already!!! hahaha he wrote me today and it was awesome as to hear from him and how he’s doing....thinking back to when i was with him till now seems like a blink of the eye but i can really see the progress that i have been able to make....he asked me if i learnt how to speak Spanish yet and i was just cracking up....lol that’s how long ago it was tho...i couldn’t even speak when i was with him...and now i am the man!! lol but for me this past week family I’ve been good as ae..you know in the mission you run into a lot of problems and you get to a point where you think you’ve gone thru it all and for me at least i thought that i had encountered all of the problems that i missionary could encounter till i got to this sector!!!! lol for real’s before i got here I’ve had to deal with problems with members, ward issues, missionary issues, health issues, and when i got here it’s just a whole other ball game....imma let you all know what my situation is right now and the opportunities that god has blessed me with to learn and grow....so the ward that i am in has to be the most apostasy ward that there is! for real’s there’s over 1000 inactive members and there’s no surprise why....everybody in the chapel are good people but everything is just so drama...the problem that I’ve got that I’ve never had to deal with before will blow you guys away...so check this.....not trying to brag or anything but this is true story stuff and its really real...and it’s what I’m going thru...so before i got here there was straight up loser missionaries here for the longest time!!! for like almost a year and i think that’s why i was called to this ward to help it you know.....so elder kanahele gets here, he’s from Hawaii, he’s a cool and funny guy, talented, handsome, and just everyone wants to be around him right.....me being only human with one body can only do so much you know....as i missionary i am called here to preach the gospel of repentance and baptism to all those who DONT have the gospel. I’ve been a missionary for a long time and i know how to find and have success here in the field....so striving to be diligent and faithful to fulfill my calling i do what i know is most efficient and effective way to work....and within seven weeks we´ve been able to baptize a full family of 6, one of their friends, and re activate a family and baptize their youngest daughter! Blessings from our heavenly father as me and my companion have diligently, put our trust in him. straight up success you know... so as we have been working hard preaching the gospel... members have gotten mad at me for not visiting them....hahaha crackup ae...weekly we will visit at least every active member once!!! and apparently it’s not enough... for real’s family members get mad at me because they want me to come over all the time and waste hours in their house....like doing things that have nothing to do with missionary work yet with the gospel, watch movies, and just all kinds of stupid stuff that the other missionaries used to do...and i tell them that we can’t you know and because of that they don’t like us...and it’s gotten so bad that they make up lies about us and things that we do to try get us in trouble...bishop called us into his office yesterday and just told us all these kinds of lies that these members are telling him about us and its un believable....for real’s its truly been a test of humility, faith, and patience and something that i never ever thought I’d have to go thru here on the mission....but i have learnt and grown from it.....about three weeks ago a member was talking crap about our new converts kids and that they are so irreverent during sacrament and the new convert mum got mad and told us about it....and in the lesson we had with them i told her to not worry about it and don’t let it affect you and your desires to follow Christ to one day return to him!!! she later explain that what i had told her that day was what helped her to not be offended and to keep strong in following our savior Jesus Christ...... so yesterday we were in there house sharing with them and she noticed that something was bothering me and as i told her what was going on she softly repeated to me those same words of comfort....what greater experience of humility than that....i was being taught by my own convert an eternal principal! She understood the importance of enduring no matter what happens and taught me more in depth of this principle through her example. i know that struggles are given to us to help us grow...and as we look at them as such and humble and submit ourselves to do the things that god wants us to do, we will learn and grow. i love it here ae family...small kine stress and dramas but the things that i continue to learn each day, week, and month are priceless and will serve me for a lifetime... i know Jesus lives and thru him we can be purified. i know that as we make the effort, put forth the work that he compensates for what we lack as humans and cleans us of our faults. I’m so very grateful for this knowledge and strive daily to take advantage of it to better myself.....family i love you more than anything in this world. mum, dad, george, ash, and lia....go hard and strive to be better each day.... love you guys hard...I’m doing good don’t worry about me,,,excited as to talk to yous this week! but i gotta go, send my love to gramz. Until next week my beautiful family! with all my love,

Elder kanahele kaka

No comments:

Post a Comment